Greece is the sort of lovely place you stumble across and realize you could spend several weeks in and never get to the bottom of what all there is to see. There are just too many beautiful islands, too many priceless artifacts, and too many good dishes to consume in this corner of the world…
– First of all, I got to see Greece with my family who I have not seen in several months. This is good. The fact that we all went on to Africa afterwards was even better.
– I liked every place we (briefly) stopped at in Greece, but my favorites have got to be Delos, Mykonos, and Santorini. And I sincerely think Athens has a bad reputation as I thought it was a perfectly fine city for a few days to see the major sites.
– Oh, and the food is exemplary here. Even if you need to hold regular negotiations with the cats in order to have your share.
– I’m just gonna come out with it and say I’m not a cruise person. I mean sure, if I only had a week of vacation I would probably warm up to the idea but can’t say I do partway into a trip around the world where I’m used to moving at my own pace and my way of things. So I got a little annoyed at this aspect at times.
– It should also be noted that Greece at this time of year is hot- about 35C during the day is pretty standard, meaning walking around routinely involves elaborate street geometry to move from one shady spot to another. What it must be like in July and August around here I dread to think.